The Developing Leader Workshop
- Your first leadership role
- Duration: 2 day workshop
- Who? New leaders
So you have moved into your first leadership position and looking for some guidance. Our Developing Leader Workshop was written to help new leaders learn the essential skills to succeed.
“Begin learning important leadership principles to help you thrive within your role.”
Ongoing professional development is a key factor towards becoming more dynamic, charismatic and influential, this is your opportunity to take the next step.
During this workshop attendees will learn new sets of principles and skill sets that will be used to manage their teams.
Positive workplace changes will occur as you internalise and use the material to become dynamic, influential and persuasive.
Please note: This course also includes DISC® Profiling which assesses individuals on four behaviour styles that include either dominance, influence, steadiness or conscientiousness. This predicts how the individual is most likely to act/react to certain situations.
As a Result of this Program
- Start to recognise the important differences between the role of a leader and a manager.
- Begin understanding about the various styles of leadership and which ones to adopt.
- Identify your current leadership preference and maximise its use in the appropriate circumstance.
Further Advantages of Attending this Course
- Utilise a situational leadership approach and create more flexibility in how you manage your team.
- Learn how to better resolve conflict before it becomes destructive to the team.
- Start to empower your people when giving feedback.
- Use proven goal setting and planning tools that are easy to apply.
- Establishing your role as a workplace leader
- Identify your leadership style
- Introversion vs extroversion
- Leaderships theories and models
- Planning, goal setting and time management
- Employee development models
- Communication skills
- Dealing with workplace conflict
Managing disciplinary issues
All Aptitude courses are conducted through our Program Framework consisting of:
- Workshop booking consultation
- Trainer led skills gap analysis
- Tailored participant training plan
- Post workshop coaching
This management course is a great way for emerging leaders and/ or frontline managers to hone in on those skills needed for a long-term and successful career.
More than simple theory, our 2 day workshop includes live demonstrations, practical role plays, trainer led discussions and in-depth feedback and guidance.
All our training programs include a detailed learner guide, refreshments offered throughout the day and a sit down lunch.
Want us to Contact You?
Complete this form below to have a training consultant call you. There is no obligation and we’ll happily answer any questions about this course.
Aptitude Management Satisfaction Policy
If you attend a workshop and are unhappy with the course, simply inform us, and we will refund your fee in full Policy Conditions